Saturday 9 April 2016

Real Life Getting In The Way Again...

Oh, hello there, how's stuff n junk? :) As some of you have seemingly noticed, Red Parsley has been somewhat bereft of new posts lately. There are several reasons for this - the loss of my job, a couple of personal problems, and an ongoing health issue have naturally meant my now-abundant spare time has been taken up dealing with those matters, and I've also recently been on another holiday with my lovely wife.

As I'm sure won't be a surprise to those who know me, the latest trip was once again to Brazil where we took in Brasilia (for the 5th time), Rio de Janeiro (for the 2nd time), and Buzios (for the 1st time). The latter is a small, jagged peninsula located within Rio de Janeiro state about 2-3 hours from the city after which it was named. Here we had rented a villa/cottage-type thing along with some of the wife's family and a couple of her friends and, while offering a wonderful distraction from life's... complications, what with the swimming pool and barbecue and game room and glorious beaches just a few minutes away, I still found I couldn't truly relax. Other matters were weighing on my mind I suppose, and sadly this feeling of disconcertment continued upon our return home and endures right up to the present day, to my not inconsiderable anguish.

Perhaps because of these issues, perhaps just in addition to them, I just haven't felt much interest in writing anything here, or even posting anything. Case in point: I've actually had two posts complete and ready to go for over a month. I just haven't felt like publishing them. I have been getting increasingly annoyed with myself about my inactivity here though, and I think the time has come to end it.

So, hopefully returning soon will be some sort of regular service here at Red Parsley. Posts may not appear as frequently as once they did but I will be posting new stuff. As always, I've had plenty of ideas for posts and games/films I want to cover, so keep your eyes open if you're still interested in my inane ramblings (which I assume you must be or you wouldn't still be reading this largely pointless post), for they shall return post-haste! Until then, my thanks to those who of you who continue to offer support and encouragement at this (fairly) challenging time for me.
 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your job and having other problems...

    Real life definitely comes before all the online stuff we can find ourselves involved in though so you gotta do what you gotta do to get through the tough times.

    I'll look forward to your future posts anyway, regardless of whether they are tomorrow or in a few months' time.

    Best of luck mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete